Influencer Marketing For Dropshipping
Technology vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com
Influencer marketing is a great way to scale if you’re already running ads and you have a winning product.
Influencers can help generate more sales and generate User Generated Content you can use for paid ads.
When talking about Influencers, I like to separate them into 3 categories:
- Theme Pages - Instagram pages with a specific theme (eg. cat pages that curate content)
- Micro Influencers - These would be people with under 100k followers
- Macro Influencers - People with over 100k followers (Big influencers and celebrities)
Each one of these types have their own pros and cons. So let’s dive into them.
- Extremely inexpensive
- Easy to reach
- They may have very unengaged followers
- Hard to scale
- Genuine content
- Hard Working
- Relatively inexpensive (They may only want the product for free)
- It takes a lot of time to find the right people and they may bring low sales
- Their name is known
- Their content builds credibility
- Most influencers will bring a low ROI because of their high price
- Extremely hard to reach
- Slow to coordinate a promotion
With that being said - each influencer type has their own pros and cons.
If you want to test products - theme pages are best suited for this.
If you’re looking to generate quick sales - either one of them will do.
If you want UGC - Micro influencers are the best for that.
If you’re looking to build credibility - going for Macro influencers is the best bet.